Certification system operation
The certification system operator (CSO) is responsible for the practical management and administration of the certification system. It should be the external window of the system and the primary contact for organisations that wish to certify their operations. The operator makes decisions with assistance from the certification committee.
Responsibilities of the operator include:
- Registration of certified organisations.
- Administration of system fees.
- Administration of registration documents, standards and checklists.
- Requirements on third party auditors.
- System website management.
- Labels and information materials (available on the website).
- Managing/administration of the certification committee: duties include arranging meetings, producing background documents and meeting minutes.